Pets are real friends and their loss causes real grief.
The loss of a beloved animal companion can be a significant event in our lives. The grief is real and often very painful. Sometimes a person's expression of grief over the loss of a pet may be met with social disapproval or minimization. We all need a safe and supportive place to grieve.
- Short or long term individual counseling
- Initial phone assessments
- Three pet loss groups offered at different locations in Albuquerque each month
- Support for those anticipating the loss of a pet
- Counseling via phone
- Consultations for people considering welcoming a new pet into the home
- Master's degree in Counseling
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement training for on-line chat room
- Training with the Children's Grief Center
- Extensive experience and employment in the animal welfare field
Contact InfoAnn Beyke, M.A. LPC
NM License #2373
see Ann on KASA-TV discussing how to seek support for the grief of a beloved animal.